Saturday 14 February 2015

Metal Filigree Fun

Hi everyone, thanks for joining me here today...and welcome to my second post this month for D-lish Scraps .... Today I'd like to share with you a couple of little pieces I have created while playing with some of the Metal Filigree's....  

So I was playing around and created a little costume jewellery ring, it's hard to capture how good it looks in real life... unfortunately all the pics I took don't do it justice...

and next up I created a pendant... 

For my pendant I used a Filigree Butterfly, and attached it to a miniature garment pin, I bent the butterfly wings forward to create a more dimensional effect.

for the rest of the cluster, I used a resin flower on top of a Filigree Doily and attached a couple of the Pressed Metal Leaves ... I painted up my necklace using Silks acrylic glaze... 

As a little bonus I have a step by step on how I created my ring....
This is what you will need, Coloured Wire, Filigree 5 Petal Flower,  a Filigree Flower Centre, and a Mini Metal Flower ...

Step One: you will need to mould your Coloured Wire around something that is the proper size for finger.... I found the top of my Lindys stamp Gang spray was a pretty good fit... Note that it is best to round the ends to avoid any sharp edges to pinch your finger... 

Step Two: snip the five petal filigree along each petal close to the centre... this allows you to lap the petals over one another and bend them up slightly...

 Step Three: using a strong metal adhesive, (I used E6000) adhere the wire ring to the flower centre, this creates a base to attach our main flower ...

Step Four: next attach the main flower and allow to completely dry before continuing..
Once dry turn over and attach the mini metal flower in the centre...
Step Five: paint with Silks Acrylic Glaze in the colours of your choice..

 One last pic.... the ring got the seal of approval from Henri!!  He photo bombed my pics several time, so I thought I'd share...


Hope you are joining us this weekend over in The Scrap Suite for the cybercrop... And don't forget that D-lish Scraps is having a design team call at the moment...it's a fabulous team to be on, I have loved every minute of it... I can't recommend it highly enough...

till next time
Happy creating
xC


No comments:

Post a Comment