Tuesday 28 April 2015

D-lish Scraps a new DT term...

Hi everyone, thanks for joining me here today...

I am super excited to be back with D-lish Scraps for another term.... 
for those of you that don't already know me, here's a little bit about me...

I am married to my wonderfully supportive husband Bill and we live in Melbourne, Victoria with our fur babies....  Cleopatra (Cleo) an almost 3 year old Russian Blue cat, Henri a 2 year old Tonkinese cross cat, and our newest member Kanishka, an 8 week old Alaskan Malamute.... you should expect to see cute puppy scrapbook layouts in the near future...

I have been creative all my life... and love how the Scrapbooking industry allows me to combine so many of my creative outlets... I love Mixed Media and design work, along with teaching. My Mantra is Create and Educate.  Over the years I have had the privilege of becoming a Fully Certified Ranger Educator, Copic Certified Instructor/Designer, and published designer. I have had the privilege to teach in Australia for many years, and have been lucky enough to teach overseas on numerous occasions. 
I have had the honour of being on several design teams, and apart from D-lish Scraps, I am currently on the Scrap FX design team and the Couture Creations design team.

Well I think that's plenty about me, hopefully I didn't bore you too much and you're still with me here.... 
for my first share for this new term I wanted to create something that shows a little of what I really love to do.... When I have plenty of time I love to create off the page style pieces and altered art pieces.... and I have created one especially for this first posting...

The Grand Piano

I love to create things like this from scratch....  for this piece; for the base construction I used the Scrap FX 12x12" chipboard sheets, (if you'd like some of these just ask Amanda to order them for you)... I use them for everything from construction, mounting for photos and die cutting, as the chipboard sheets also die cut well with steel rule dies such as the thick Sizzix dies...

I used the Scrap FX Rose Stencil to create the pattern all over the top and sides of my piano  and the music stencil to create the piano keys...

I created the main flower cluster using D-lish scraps trellis roses, vintage roses, mixed size roses, medium roses and mini roses, along with carnations and a pinwheel bloom...

I used the Scrap FX ornate chandelier, I also scattered some adhesive rhinestones...

it wouldn't be one of my creations without some metal embellishments.... I included some Metal filigree circles and filigree butterflies  and some metal hinges...

I decorated the legs with some Scrap FX doodad flourishes (doodad F).... 

I added a couple of Scrap FX flourishes; flourish I and flourish H to the top of the piano...

 


well I hope you have enjoyed this little insight...into my creative mind...
come and join me again tomorrow for the next instalment...

till next time
Happy creating
xC




1 comment:

  1. OMG! This is beyond sensational! I love, love, love it!!!!!!!!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete