Monday 13 January 2014

Perpetual Calendar

Hi everyone, thanks for joining me here today.
I'd like to share with you a calendar I have created.  
I had wanted to create a calendar for sometime now, but didn't want to have to replace it every year, so decided I needed to make a perpetual calendar.


So with that in mind I set about designing.
The major challenge I faced was how to change, days, dates, months and years.


Using the Scrap FX 12" x 12" chipboard sheets as a base to create the general box for my calendar, allowed me to work on the front and back as separate pieces....  which made it possible to create box cavities for the date/s and cutouts for the rotating months and days.
I used cotton spools to create the rotating months and days for the calendar.

I thought the Scrap FX midi word title "forever" fitted perfectly with the perpetual calendar.
I also used the Scrap FX crosswords stencil to create all the gorgeous texture all over the calendar. 

The final challenge was the storage of all the date and year tags.... I was able to create yet another box cavity using the Scrap FX 12" x 12" chipboard sheets and this time also a hinged door to keep all the tags enclosed until needed.

 I used Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays to colour and washi tape to decorate, along with flowers, gauze and beaded trim... and a couple of bookplates and embellishments to finish off.

Scrap FX products used to create this project:

thanks for stopping by
till next time
xC

No comments:

Post a Comment