Friday 27 September 2013

Scrap FX Mood Board Challenge

Today I am sharing with you my take on the Scrap FX Mood Board Challenge...


this was the mood board for the challenge created by Michelle Logan ...

There was so much on that board that I related to, love the doily image, the clock, the birds, the feather and I was inspired by the quote..."do more of what makes you happy" it was such a fun challenge...

Keeping that quote in mind lead me to create my piece a mixed media canvas with loads of Scrap FX pieces and loads of Lindy's Stamp Gang products.....


For my canvas I first used the palm frond stencil and modelling paste to create my background texture, then flooded the canvas with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays...


Once I was happy with the background I stamped and embossed the Doily Stamp with black embossing powder... I love the look of the doily clock in the mood board so decided that the doily stamp would be perfect to create a clock on my canvas (did you realize that each flower is in the perfect position for the clock numerals!!! how cool right!) ... 
the creating of the clock then lead to my choice of title...


I love the Scrap FX bird of flight and this seemed the perfect opportunity to make it shine! I painted it with LSG products and made sure I flooded the wings and tail making them nice and wet, to ensure that when I hit them with the heat gun they would curl beautifully to add even more dimension to my project.... I loved the result...


I used the ruffled feather stamp to emboss a pattern onto my "create" word in the title... this stamp is amazing for providing a great flourish type pattern.... I love it....


Here is the list of Scrap FX products I used:
Freestyle Alphabet lower case: Model: 2008007
Playground Alphabet large: Model: 2012305
Playground Alphabet small: Model: 2012306
Chisel Large, Uppercase: Model: 2006114
Bird of Flight: Model: 2012217
Me Time: Model: 2012020
Happiness, midi: Model: 2013209
Doily Stamp: Model: 2013245
Ruffled Feather Stamp: Model: 2013250
Clock Hands Antique 10cm: Model: 2008131
Palm Frond Stencil: Model: 2012164

I hope you enjoyed my take on the mood board and hopefully I have inspired you to have a go... please share your creations with us and maybe win yourself a guest spot on the Scrap FX blog and some great Scrap FX goodies... click here for full details on the challenge...  I hope to see you sharing your creations on the Scrap FX Facebook page here....

till next time
Happy Creating
xC

No comments:

Post a Comment