Sunday 15 February 2015

Couture Creations 2015 Design Team Audition



Hi and thank you for joining me here today...
Today I'm sharing my audition blog post for the Couture Creations Design Team.
Couture Creations is an Aussie brand that creates fabulous dies and embossing folders...

Here are the projects I'd like to share, I hope you enjoy them... They were all created using plenty of dies and embossing folders.

First I have a layout I created "Friends"

To create this layout I used, the Renaissance embossing folder to create the fabulous clock and the Pinstripe and Lovingly Baroque embossing folders to create the layered pieces behind the photo along with the Perforated Mesh die (one of my new favourites)... I also used the Lovingly Baroque embossing folder for the pieces peeking out of the ripped page edges...

To create my flower cluster I used the Ornamental Lace die and folded it to create a more 3D flower along with Swirl Intricutz die.... you can also see the Feather die here and the Swiss Dots embossing folder peeking out from behind the photo...

To create some background texture I used the Artdeco Lace Frame die to create a stencil from the dies packaging (it is coated paper, so can take being washed and used again and again, how awesome is that... you buy a die and with one cut you get a free stencil!).... 

Next up I have an oversized tag I created...

I reused that stencil I had created from the Artdeco Lace Frame die to create some background texture... did I mention how much I love texture, lol... 

I used the Vintage Dressmaker embossing folder to create the winged dress form, isn't it fabulous. I coloured it up with some metallic wax rub on's and added some of the tiny 2mm Gemstones (also from Couture Creations)...

Again I decorated using the Swirl Intricutz die and a fabric flower...


Next up another layout to share; "Discover and Explore...

After having so much success with the packaging stencil from the first layout, I just had to do it again with the Tied Together die, so much texture fun to be had... Here you can also see the Cappuccino die close up...

I used the World Map embossing folder for some texture behind the Explore die cut... I love these word dies.... I am loving the smaller words for titles at the moment and these dies are the perfect size...

and again I used another section of the World Map embossing folder behind the Discover die cut... here you can also see a peek at the photo mat I created with the Lovingly Baroque embossing folder...

and again I used the Ornamental Lace die and folded it to create a more 3D flower, to be the highlight of my flower cluster...


Next up another layout I created "City Sights"

On this layout I used the Ornamental Lace die, it's such a pretty die... whether you use it flat like I have here or fold it like above to create 3D flower effects, it's just so versatile...

I also create a coupe of tags using the Lovingly Baroque and Pinstripe embossing folders...


 for my fifth share, I have a quick card "celebrate"

 To create this card I used the Feather die, Perforated Mesh die and the throw away pieces from the Artdeco Lace Frame die... to confess these are the packaging pieces, and because they are coated I could stick them on and spray and ink allover the background and then just clean them off... so easy and quick...


 I have included a couple of other layouts.... the first using lots of different dies and the second lots of embossing folders...




I do hope you have enjoyed these projects, you can check out more of the fabulous dies and embossing folders over on the Couture Creations Website, you won't be disappointed.

till next time,
fingers crossed
xC

No comments:

Post a Comment