Thursday 18 September 2014

Altered Fun

Hi everyone, thanks for joining me here today...
Today I'd like to share with you a project I created for a bit of fun with some Scrap FX and a load of Lindy's Stamp Gang products....

My Altered Guitar; Timeless Beauty.
This guitar was found in the junk pile of a thrift shop, they didn't even think it was worth selling, how wrong were they.... thanks to a friend of mine, I ended up with it, and I had so much fun altering it...

I started with a gesso base coat to give myself a workable surface.
I used pan pastels to colour and shade her face.

I used the Industrial Chic Starburst spray set to colour the guitar and flowers, this is still my favourite Starburst set, I totally love them....

I used lots of the Scrap FX  Flourish D flourishes around the flower clusters.  I painted up these flourishes using the LSG magicals powders and a wet paint brush, the Industrial Chic set of course. Using the magicals instead of the sprays allows you to get a more concentrated colour and shine.

I created lots of texture in her hair. I coloured it with more Lindy Stamp Gang Sprays, and I gave it sheen and shine with Lindy's two tone embossing powders in bronze, copper and gold toning's.
I used the Scrap FX title Timeless Beauty again painted up with magicals and the Flourish F flourish also painted up with magicals in her hair.

to finish off the neck of the guitar I used the Scrap FX Flourish V, once again painted up with the Lindy's Stamp Gang magicals.

Scrap FX products used:

till next time
Happy Creating
xC

No comments:

Post a Comment