Sunday 31 August 2014

Scrap FX Let's Hear it for the Boys...

Over on the Scrap FX blog the DT has got together for a great group post on all things male.... The excert below was extracted from the post, written up by the fabulous Scarlett... 
So here is my project for the group post... written up by Scarlett...


Cindy has created a ‘fun-lovin’ boy page featuring what appears to be a school photo, which I don’t about you, but I often have a tough time knowing what to do with these. If this is indeed a school photo I find it spectacular how she has gone with a non-traditional approach to scrapping it. This is another jaw dropping background and I have a few insider deets on how it was created wanna know the scoop?? Okay, let’s take a closer look and I’ll share.

Cindy started off her background by stamping the Star Spangles Stamp (2014214). She clear embossed the stamp before she applied the Continuous Chain Stencil with paste. Doesn't it look totally spectacular? I don’t have this one in my stash yet, but after seeing how Cindy has used it here I may have to rethink how I may use it on future projects. It provides such a rich texture and looks so realistic! I also think it probably helps that Cindy is really quite terrific at applying background techniques.

Here you can see the chains up close and also see the start of her misting. This was done after the chains had dried and allowed to run down creating the lovely drips you see in the above photos. The great thing about having embossed the Star Spangles Stamp is the mist resisted it so the stars continued to shine on through while the mist oozed on around them.

Products Used





To view the other great male themed projects from the DT jump on over to the Scrap FX Blog.

till next time
happy creating

xC

No comments:

Post a Comment