Tuesday 31 December 2013

White with One December Challenge - Banana

As I have had a few days off from my regular teaching, I decided to have a go at one of the challenges on offer this month.... looking at a few of the challenge blogs around, I found a challenge that would really push me over at White with 1.... their December challenge was Banana!!
   Those of you that know me, know I do not like to scrap with yellow, I do not like yellow near most of my photo's, I find that more often than not it alters the colour look of skin and makes your photo's look pasty....   So Banana! that was surely going to be a challenge....  
I struggled at first, but then finally found my groove and a photo to take charge and not be outdone by the strong Banana colour....

So here is my take on the White with 1 challenge....

The photo is from a teaching trip in Vietnam back in 2011.... one of those traditional pics that if you're lucky you can get over there... usually very early in the morning you can find the locals carting their goods to sell...

I had fun creating the background for this layout, using a couple of the great Scrap FX stencils with some impasto and gesso... Also used the great new chicken wire foam stamp (Scrap FX) along with some Dylusions spray (Pure Sunshine).....

 Here you can see the detail created using the urban and the scribble script stencils along with the subtle chicken wire stamping in the background...


The title embellishments are from a Scrap FX theme pack...

Hope you liked my take on the challenge

Products used: 
Scrap FX: Chicken Wire Stamp
Scrap FX: Urban Stencil
assorted Prima Flowers
Dylusions Spray: Pure Sunshine
Gesso and Impasto

Till next time,
Happy New Year to all
xC

No comments:

Post a Comment