Friday 19 October 2012

Rome to Florence

So our time in Rome came to an end today.... but what an amazing time it has been....
I have loved it, I can't say my feet, knees and hips have enjoyed it, but I have loved it... cobblestones are definitely not my friend...
So, so much to see and do, definitely not enough time spent there... will have to put it on my wish list to return, but then I did throw a coin into the Trevi, and they say one coin to return to Rome... you never know...
The last couple of days have been so jam packed... we have seen the Colosseum, the Vatican, St Peters Basillica, the Pantheon Church, Pompeii and the Amalfi coast.... It's all just so amazing...

So this morning we boarded the Eurostar train and came to Florence... I taught a scrapping class on the train on the way, such fun...
Florence has a much gentler pace about it... not the hectic rush that Rome seems to have... this afternoon we went for a walk to the Ponte Vecciho... and explored some of the lane ways of the artisan area... tomorrow is another full tour day....so it's bed for me now....will post photo's when I get a chance...
xC

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear some of your news as I have been hanging out!!! Enjoy the sights and shoppings. Pauline

    ReplyDelete